Compensation & Benefits Specialist - #101146
Compensation & Benefits Specialist
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an
organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
This position supports staff within the Human Resources department providing information to applicants and employees, maintaining records, completing assigned projects and tasks and resolving a broad variety of employee issues. This role is typically responsible for assignments normally limited to no more than two Human Resource disciplines.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluate priorities and execute tasks accordingly in a changing environment while escalating concerns as necessary
• May act as a team member or committee member for a Fluor sponsored group or portfolio
• Provide support and perform routine tasks associated with less complex Human Resource projects
• Answer customer questions and follow up on any related tasks
• Coordinate and/or complete Human Resource administrative documents
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and two (2) years of work-related experience
• Must have experience in any of the following: Compensation and Benefits, Invoice Processing, Mobility, Expense Report/Reimbursement, Spot Bonus/Retention Processing, Accounting, Finance, Shared Services, Payroll, Timekeeping, Research and Development.
• Must work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced working environment with less supervision. Must be used to being measured with KPI's (Quality, TAT, APT, etc) and other core skills.
Other Job Requirements
• Maintain benefits records and prepare documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage
• Response to routine compensation inquiries in the areas of job classification, compensation programs, and practices; provide summary or detail analysis as necessary.
• Partner with HR team/business partners for seamless response to manager, employee, or external candidate inquiries
• Prepare and submit surveys; assist in the analysis of survey results
• Assist on a basic level with global programs such as Salary Planning and various bonus programs
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in HR, Psychology, Education, Business, Industrial Relations, Finance, or related field, with significant experience in Human Resources
• Understand main Human Resource concepts, policies, and administrative procedures
• Good knowledge of Human Resource policies and procedures
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills of a complex nature
• Demonstrated ability to be discreet with confidential company and employee information
• Experience providing consultation to managers and HR staff
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets, and electronic presentations
• Broad knowledge of internal database applications for designated discipline
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.