Communications Coordinator - #88220
People Management Association of the Philippines, Inc.
Do you want to be part of a Non-Profit Organization that offers great benefits with opportunities to create wide-scale impact for the Filipino workforce and learn alongside accomplished business leaders?
THE ORGANIZATION -
Established in 1956, the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) is the preeminent professional association of human resource management and industrial relations practitioners in the country. With a mixed base of both corporate and individual members, PMAP’s reach covers 29 local Chapters spread across the regions. As one of the first HR associations in Asia, PMAP also actively engages an international network through the Asia Pacific Federation of Human Resource Management (APFHRM) and the World Federation of People Management Associations (WFPMA).
You will play an important role as a Communications Coordinator!
The jobholder’s responsibilities include providing critical support by creating, implementing, utilizing and managing content through effective channels of communication, including PMAP’s intranet as well as other channels such as social media, outdoor media, print, radio, and television.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage internal and external communications.
- Develop and plan effective corporate communications strategies.
- Develop and execute strategic messaging, content, and materials that are aligned with PMAP’s vision, mission and values.
- Develop original content and post updates of various programs and activities of the association on the intranet, as well as other PMAP communication vehicles website/social media to ensure the channels are continuously updated.
- Create original content messaging such as, but not limited to speaking engagements of officers, press releases, social media platforms, scripts and flyers for marketing & promotions of PMAP programs and public relations initiatives.
- Develop concepts and write advertising copy (e.g., Annual Conference and other events of the association).
- Draft content promoting the association to the public.
- Edit and proofread content produced by other employees before posting.
- Share editing responsibilities with other content contributors/affiliates to ensure a single voice for the association.
- Prepare content, proofread, and support production of publications such as but not limited to collaterals, presentations, and flyers.
- Prepare media briefing materials in support of PMAP’s advocacies and activities.
- Script writing for TV, webinar and podcasts are required.
- Monitor media releases.
B. Stakeholders Relations
- Proactively identify opportunities to secure media coverage that support PMAP’s objectives.
- Develop and pitch story ideas to media that promote PMAP as a pre-eminent HR organization.
- Work closely with affiliates/committees, business and HR leaders to ensure consistent messaging within and outside the association.
- Work directly with affiliates or focal persons of respective committees and build network with media agencies to develop impactful content for digital marketing, social media messaging, radio, tv, print and other ad boards.
- Assist in managing third-party content creators particularly on Ad Hoc activities and events.
C. Project Management (People Manager On Cam, People Manager e-magazine, Makatao Awards, Media Summit, President’s Report, Annual Report and learning sessions)
- Manage multiple priorities and planning and organizing to meet established deadlines.
- Responsible for project journey-level work output on an independent basis, subject to supervisory direction and review.
- Ensure that appropriate tools of project management are utilized in monitoring and evaluating the project.
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences.
- Coordinate calendar and pipeline of activities with focal persons of different affiliates and focal persons of various media agencies to ensure that internal/external deadlines are met and that workflow is optimized.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Communications.
- Must have at least 1-3 years’ experience in Media and Public Relations work.
- Knowledgeable in project management and budget management.
- Excellent judgment, intuitive, proactive, collaborative, analytical, and exhibit skills in problem solving and decision-making.
- Strong ethics, high level of teamwork, personal and professional integrity.
- Strong communication skills are necessary for this position, as the specialist interact regularly with parties within and outside of the organization. Most of the work is carried out in an office environment, though some travel to meet with various parties may be necessary.
How will this career opportunity benefit you?
- A conducive environment to work and grow
- Constant challenges and opportunity to prove yourself
Other benefits offered:
- Performance Bonus (Pay for Performance)
- Medical and miscellaneous allowances
- Insurance Coverage