Architect - (BIA0009EM) - #116294
At Jacobs, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their various facilities that are changing our world. Our talented experts create exceptional spaces across the world through our creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art. We believe that built environments should reflect the context, history, cultures, communities, and the natural environment while incorporating advances in technology.
We are currently looking for Architect – Associate Level. You will be accountable to engineering and analysis. Your duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
As a Professional Architect, you will be an integral member of the design team, counted on to perform a significant portion of Architectural design for our projects. You will need strong communication and interpersonal skills as you work closely with your Lead Architect, other Architectural Designers and modelers, and other disciplines.
It is expected that you have a solid foundation in the fundamentals of Architecture, knowledge of multiple subject areas, experience with specific codes applicable, understand how Architectural design integrates with and impacts other disciplines. You will be given as much responsibility as you are willing to take, and your opportunities for career growth will be limited only by your own motivation, capabilities, and attitude.
This position may require you to serve as an Assistant Lead Architect for small projects, or as a Sub-Lead for larger projects. You will be given as much responsibility as you are willing to take, and your opportunities for career growth will be limited only by your own motivation, capabilities, and attitude.
Under general supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of Architectural Design:
- Responsible for the preparation and 2D/3D Modelling of design architecture.
- Works with defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments.
- Works with a limited degree of supervision, with oversight focused only on complex new assignments.
- Likely to act as an informal resource for associates with less experience.
- Is proficient in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific experience in steel and concrete structures.
- Creates families and fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates standard notes and details for use in the construction documents.
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Committed to checking your own work, reaching out to peers and seniors for guidance when questions arise.
Take responsibility for managing workload, make and keep commitments, and take full ownership of assigned work:
- Take complete ownership of your portion of the structural scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- You may be given tasks with ill-defined conditions of satisfaction; in which case you will be expected to take the initiative to determine what is needed to meet the project and client needs.
- Clearly define you own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Structural Lead or Project Manager.
- Recognize when help is needed, reaching out to peers and senior engineers for guidance.
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail.
Developing leadership skills:
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and/or mentorship to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers.
- Be proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within the structural discipline. Embrace emerging technologies.
As an Assistant Lead Architect for an assigned project:
- Assist the Lead Architect to develop and provide specifications and documents for Architectural requirements.
- Prepares project specifications and procedures.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the deliverables, including design and all construction documents.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
: Philippines-Philippines Countrywide-Mandaluyong City-PH- Manila Sheridan Street
: Feb 12, 2024, 5:35:07 AM
: Architecture & Interiors
Job Classification: Fulltime-Regular
PH- Manila Sheridan Street
16th Floor, South Tower, Rockwell Business Center Sheridan Street cor. United Street Barangay Highway Hills
Mandaluyong City 1550
Capabilities: Electronics and Data Center