Analyst , Global Framework Governance - #116536
Northern Trust Corp.
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Manila, Metro Manila
Contract type: Full time
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889 Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service Role/Departmen: Manage the ‘Governance Documents’ database of Northern Trust, the single on-line repository for the organization’s governance documents (i.e., policies, standards, framework, manual, etc.). On a monthly basis, manage Compliance related Governance Document activities, including but not limited to preparation of meeting materials, coordination with stakeholders due for presentation, planning and/or plotting of documents required for presentation, coordination of feedback from APAC and EMEA stakeholders. Oversee and manage the Annual Business Continuity Planning of Manila GFC team. Build, maintain and update (as necessary) Service Descriptions of the GFC team for Framework related activities outsourced in Manila. Conduct an annual review and confirmation of the SOX control relating to Governance Document activities. Support in training the regional team (and any First Line partners, where required) on any Governance document related activities. Conducts other related activities and duties as assigned, including support core compliance framework program elements and audit remediation work Knowledge/Skills:
- Good analytical skills, with experience in organizing, summarizing and managing a large amount of data and translating them into a report with great attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Office 365 application, including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Teams to efficiently perform analyses and communicate results to various stakeholders.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to present relevant information to various stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills required to manage competing priorities from various compliance-related tasks and/or activities assigned
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships in a geographically blended environment Flexible, a collaborative approach to work, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently in a proactive manner
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Economics, Finance, Accountancy/Business Studies, Administration/Management or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of related experience in governance, compliance and reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Work background in any financial institution is an asset