Accountant I - #101100
Curran Daly & Associates
Job Role: Accountant I
Work Shift: Either mid or night shift
Work Set Up: Hybrid in Ortigas, Pasig City
Scope of Role
The Staff Accountant is an integral member of the Corporate Accounting department. This individual interacts with the treasury, operations and compliance groups. It is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys innovation and implementing new processes. This role offers the potential to develop technical, accounting, and communication skills.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for Intercompany processes, AR, AP, as well as supporting other team members. The position will be responsible for daily, monthly and quarterly activities to ensure that company books and records are accurate. They will assist the team on creating, testing and reviewing SOPs and contribute to other projects.
- Monitors and reconciles the Intercompany accounts ensuring proper balancing between entities.
- Prepare monthly journal entries reviewing the general ledger for accuracy and proper recording of transactions, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assists with Allocations for A/P and A/R at month end
- Prepares required monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations researching any variances, out-of-date transactions, other issues as they arise as part of month-end ledger close.
- Assists cash accountant in necessary research and clean up
- Responds to business unit questions regarding accounting policies or implications and provides guidance and support to finance teams.
- Support internal control assessments and establish and maintain effective design and operating effectiveness of internal controls of assigned processes
- At the direction of corporate accounting manager, provides data as requested to internal and external auditors for the corporate accounting group.
- Works with corporate accounting team to streamline and improve current accounting processes to facilitate the month end close and reconciliation processes.
- Implements processes and controls to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and Corporate accounting standards/policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Open for CPA or non CPA
- 1-3 years of relevant US accounting experience is required
- Strong understanding and practical working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Oracle ERP system, Hyperion and/or OneStream is strongly preferred. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Public accounting and/or large US public company experience a plus
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills