Accountant 3 - Fixed Assets - #116395
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology, SanDisk and WD brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Fixed asset Analyst 3 is responsible for the overall fixed asset accounting and reporting of Western Digital’s (WD) Asia Pacific region. She should ensure that a robust accounting controls, accounting quality and compliance are in-placed. The position will report to the Fixed Asset Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In charge of the Fixed Asset (FA) operations including CIP monitoring, FA capitalization, Retirements, Transfers & lead month-end closing activities
- Post FA accruals and perform Monthly Subledger Close
- Prepares Roll forward reports and Accounts Reconciliation monthly and quarterly
- FA in charge for SOX and KPMG Audit requirements.
- Coordinates actual physical disposal of fixed assets
- Performs annual FA physical count and reporting
- Prepares inter and intra-company asset transfers and documentations
- Accounting resource for the monthly Capital Request review
- Proactively and consistently look for ways on how to standardize, streamline and improve processes.
- Prepare and provide ad hoc reports and requests coming from external and internal customers.
- Direct coordination with stakeholders/asset owners and assisting them in capex-related inquiries
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Minimum of 5 year of relevant fixed asset experience in shared services or other relevant industries
- Strong technical expertise on fixed asset process
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of constituency including corporate tax team, auditors, business leads, corporate executives, site finance
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing business requirements
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, initiative, well organized and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable on US fixed asset reporting
- Capability to manage workload distribution across different geographies and different time zones
- Ability to work well with multiple teams and different cultures
- Good written and verbal communication skills with high level proficiency in English (Must)
- Good financial and analytical skill
- Intermediate Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency
- Intermediate Oracle Cloud proficiency
- Potential hire will work closely with Global Finance Operations Shared Service Center.
- Potential hire will experience to have hybrid work arrangement of 2 days reporting to site and 3 days working from home.
- Potential hire's work schedule is from Monday to Friday.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at ***************@wdc.com to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.