434473 | APAC Tax Manager (FT) - #101419
Monroe Consulting Group
Executive recruitment firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a market leader in providing software solutions for the world’s largest telecommunications, entertainment, and media service providers.
Our respected client is seeking a Certified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for the job of Regional Tax Manager.
The Regional Tax Manager involves ensuring that businesses in the Asia-Pacific area adhere to different national and local corporate tax laws. They undertake estimations, analyses, planning, and research while supervising tax audits. The role also compiles the Transfer Pricing Local Files for the company’s entities in the APAC region. It is essential for the Tax Manager to actively provide tax advice to the business and play a critical part in tax planning endeavors. The job is in BGC, Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines, and offers a hybrid working arrangement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as the focal point for corporate tax issues in the APAC region.
- Ensures accurate and timely corporate tax compliance and tax filings of all company entities in the APAC region.
- Conducts comprehensive review and analysis of tax returns/reports and financial statements.
- Assists controllers with income tax provisions, implementation of internal controls policies that promote tax compliance, special projects, and M&A.
- Supports the preparation of Transfer Pricing Documentation of company entities in the APAC region.
- Handles tax audits/cases in the APAC region until their conclusion and resolution and minimizes tax costs.
- Assists in planning the company’s activities to ensure compliance with corporate directives and minimization of tax costs.
- Supports Corporate Tax and proactively initiates opportunities for tax savings and planning.
- Advises management of the impact of new or proposed legislation, decisions, regulations, and rulings in tax and related areas.
- Reviews of commercial contracts from a tax perspective, as needed.
- Coordinate with all relevant internal and external stakeholders (e.g., business units, customers, tax agents, etc.) to ensure compliance with tax requirements of company entities in APAC.
- Prepares any ad hoc information or requested data needed by Corporate Headquarters.
- Assists in the implementation of internal controls policies that promote tax compliance, special projects, and M&A.
- Provides the team with vision, clear expectations, and targets as well as provides professional support.
- Plans and ensures operations meet approved budget guidelines.
- Ensure that the company's activities comply with legal, professional, and ethical standards.
Key Job Requirements:
- Certified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Alumnus of a “Big Four” Firm
- 8-13 years of experience in APAC regional taxation, including corporate tax, GST/VAT/SST, withholding taxes, and FBT.
- Advanced knowledge in international taxation applicable to IT-related and cross-border transactions.
- Has handled APAC regional compliance requirements related to Transfer Pricing.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and understanding of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel - up to the advanced level.
- Good communication skills / Proficient in English.
- Experience in using ERP systems such as SAP is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills.
- Highly analytical and attention to detail.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Tax degree if applicable